Big Screen Draws Massive Crowds to View, Discuss, Protest Abortion
Nothing angers defenders of abortion like seeing what they support—especially when it’s video. We just finished a tour across several campuses in Kentucky with the JumboTron—using video of abortion to allow the victims to give their own testimony. On the University of Kentucky campus, the largest pro-abortion counter-protest I’ve seen in years on a campus assembled in response. But even the leader of the protest, UK Feminist Alliance President Sydney Tate, couldn’t help admitting on video, “Walking up to this made me cry, because it’s so upsetting.” Exactly.
UK’s student paper published the video summary above of the event, as well as an editorial defending free speech—a rarity on most college campuses today. The editorial reads,
Freedom of speech also means one party cannot stifle another party’s opinion. If someone disagrees with you, they cannot destroy your property or bring any harm to you, and that goes the other direction, too. While Created Equal posted disturbing, graphic images, the protesters who tore down Created Equal’s signs were wrong.
Created Equal not only educates on abortion but also reminds students that all speech, especially speech considered unpopular, deserves protection.
Here is a brief sample of media coverage.
- Louisville Cardinal: Abortion rights protesters outnumber pro-life activists
- Kentucky Kernel: Protesters, counter-protesters square off in middle of campus over abortion
- Kentucky Kernel: Free speech on display amid campus demonstrations
Many students learned the value of the First Amendment. But more importantly, all learned the true nature of abortion.
- Pray for our team. The JumboTron tour was part of our ongoing #RoadTripForLife which today enters its fourth week. Please pray that our team would remain strong!
- Invest your money in our effort to educate students with this cutting-edge technology.
You can give online HERE or send your check to: Created Equal, PO Box 360502, Columbus, OH 43236. Your gift is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.