Abortion is injustice fueled by ageism—discrimination against the youngest of humans.
Every day in the United States of America, approximately 2,900 distinct, living, whole human beings are killed for reasons we’d never tolerate the killing of older (born) humans. We use the generic label “abortion,” but what is taking place is no benign medical procedure. It is the dismembering, decapitation, and disemboweling of someone no less human than you. The only difference is that she is younger.
But don’t take our word for it. If we are all created equal, why are we allowing this?
Warning: Video contains images of severe injustice.
Contact us to find out how to defend these children.
All abortion images are copyrighted by the Grantham Collection or Narcis Virgiliu.
For photograph authenticity, see:
To read a defense of the use of abortion victim photography, see Monica Migliorino Miller’s New Oxford Review article.
To see evidence of victim image effectiveness, see Dr. Jacqueline Harvey’s statistical analysis.
How many abortions occur in the US?
- 21% of all pregnancies (excluding miscarriages) end in abortion.
- In 2014, 926,200 abortions were performed, down 12% from 1.06 million in 2011.
- From 1973 through 2011, over 56 million legal abortions occurred.
Who gets abortions?
- Each year, 1.7% of women aged 15-44 have an abortion.
- At least half of American women will experience an unintended pregnancy by age 45.
- 1 in 4 women will have an abortion by age 30.
- Women aged 20-29 account for 57% of all abortions.
- 51% of women who have abortions had used a contraceptive method in the month they got pregnant, most commonly condoms (27%) or a hormonal method (17%).
- Women who obtain abortions:
- 61% have at least one child
- 45% are unmarried and not cohabitating
- 42% have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level
- 37% identify as Protestant and 28% identify as Catholics
Why do women get abortions?
- 75% say that having a baby would interfere with work, school, or the ability to care for dependents.
- 75% say they cannot afford a child.
- 50% say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.
- Less than 0.5% percent of women who have abortions cite rape as the primary reason for the abortion.
- Less than 0.5% of women who have an abortion say they became pregnant as a result of incest.
When do abortions occur?
- One third of abortions occur at 6 weeks of pregnancy or earlier.
- 89% of abortions occur in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
- 2% of abortions occur between 14-20 weeks gestation.
- 3% of abortions occur after 20 weeks of pregnancy.
How do abortions take place?
- In 2012, 78.1% of abortions were performed by curettage. Most curettage abortions are suction procedures.
- Medical abortions made up approximately 21.8% of all abortions reported in 2012.