#OperationRNC is happening now!
The eyes of the nation have turned to Cleveland, Ohio—where we are on the streets and in the air. We are showing the victims of abortion while also calling on the GOP to defund Planned Parenthood and redirect the funds to 13,000 federally licensed health clinics.
This morning, we kicked off with outreach at Public Square, followed by prayer in front of Quicken Loans Arena, the site at which the Republican National Convention will take place next week. While we were on the ground, the #OperationRNC tow banner took the message to the sky.
But before we’d even arrived, media coverage started pouring in. Here is a brief sampling:
- The Washington Times: “Pressure on RNC to adopt platform defunding Planned Parenthood”
- The Huffington Post: “Agitated Abortion Foes to Fly Graphic Fetus Banner over RNC”
- Breitbart: “City of Cleveland Denied Pro-Life Group Sidewalk Space Around RNC Convention Site”
- Christian Broadcasting Network: “This Graphic Picture Will Fly High over the Republican National Convention”
- Cleveland Scene: “Battle of the Billboards – Pro-Life and Pro-Choice Groups Prepare their Messages for the RNC”
One of our clearly stated purposes for #OperationRNC has been to exhort the GOP to build a stronger pro-life plank in the platform—in particular, we have been calling for leaders to add language defunding Planned Parenthood.
News broke recently that committees meeting in Cleveland in the lead-up to the convention—the purpose for which we are in the city now rather than next week only—have indeed added the plan to defund Planned Parenthood!
The language will be considered by the full platform committee later this week. But this is nevertheless an exciting development!
There is still much to do, which is why we march onward.
Follow us on Facebook for more updates from the road!